Sunday, June 7, 2015

donuts!

So, this past Friday was National Donut Day (read about it - it's interesting!), and I didn't even eat a donut. Not one! Okay, so Canada may not have the official donut day permanently etched into it's list of national holidays, but in my world this is one special event not to be missed. Any way I can make up for it? I think so - but I haven't heard of a genuine, real-deal donut shop here in Forest City, so I might just have to open up my donut cookbook and make some of my own. It's been a while since I've had a good donut - think there are any winners in Quebec City? I am on my way there on Tuesday to attend the 2015 Conversation on Women in Sport conference, and though I'll miss the kids (and Steve) it should be a good trip. Hopefully I'll manage to get some schoolwork done while I'm there, and if I could fit in a bit of shopping, find a donut shop, get a few workouts in and meet some new people, I will be happy! 

Alana  Professor Inkling
We've had a great weekend so far with Steve's mom and dad here visiting - the kids love having them here. And of course we do too - good company, help with the kids, sharing great meals... it's all good! We had a few friends over last night for fajitas and volleyball (watching); World League was on, and everyone had fun eating dinner in front of the TV. I fit in a bike ride with a friend this morning (it was aaaawesome), got together with some library friends last night (also awesome) and feel like going to be in the next hour (it's 7:59). I know - with how well I stick to the "going to bed early" resolve - that it won't happen, but at least there's nothing planned for tonight. With Marg here, I might pull out my new sewing machine (early birthday present) - to get a pro's take on things. 

today, picking maple keys out of the gutter
I was going to list all of the tabs I have open, but there are way too many, and the couch calls. Hope everyone is enjoying June!

Steve and former teammate Chris Wolfenden - reunited in Strathroy. It was great seeing him - we miss our friends from volleyball, who are now all over the place...


No comments: