Saturday, December 13, 2014

Palm Springs!

yesterday's breakfast view... not bad!
Palm Springs! Was amazing. I'm not going to do a day by day breakdown of activities, but instead deliver the general goods on the what where when how why (mostly) of a fabulous few days of wedding venue shopping and spending time with one of my most favourite friends.

I flew down there on an Aeroplan ticket, so it was a four-airport three-flight kind of deal (something I'd get falsely excited about if I were flying with the kids), and it lasted all day (literally); I was up at 5:00, in the cab at 5:20, and flying at 6:30. Arrival time in Palmy was close to 6pm (9pm Eastern time), and this gave me plenty of time to finish a Flavia book (The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag), read a few magazines, and catch up on some emails and school stuff. Shanti met me at the airport, and a fun filled two days plus an evening began.... So, what'd we do?


We looked at wedding venues, wedding venues galore! We ate In N Out Burger (SO GOOD), went to an outlet mall - where I purchased new leggings and a new wallet (I'd had my old tatters one since 2008 - 'twas a gift from my good friend Tammy, and I just couldn't part with it!), we wined and we dined, and we made it to My Little Bridal Boutique for an hour of dress try-ons. Shanti's future mother-in-law Maggie was there as well, and it was great to see her too; the two of them were off yesterday to LA for full day of dress shopping while I partook in another epic trip from Palm Springs to LA to Chicago to London. The kids were up and at us early (as always), and for once I admit that despite being just a little bit tired / jet-lagged, I was happy to see them... there's no place like home!


No comments: