Monday, September 16, 2013

vancouver post #1

We made it! Vancouver has been beautiful, and I wish we had $5 million so we could live in West Vancouver - it is lovely here. I'm tired, and there's not much time here but I'll get to what I want to get to and call it a day.
before we boarded (left), and snoozing on the plane
The flight was smooth sailing; we had a row of three and the kids slept for the 2nd half of the flight after wiggling and squirming like crazy (Alana) and watching four episodes of Franklin (Hendrik). I was wondering how the whole deplaning thing would go, but they were both awake and fairly coherent - Hendrik walked himself off (it was 2:15am eastern time) and was awake until we hit the bottom of the hill around the corner from la casa. We settled down here fairly well on night #1 (I was exhausted), and wake-ups have become progressively later thank goodness. This morning they slept until 7:15... it was blissful.

And since Friday morning we've had a good mix of busy and, well, busy. Hendrik isn't napping anymore, and quiet time isn't something that he's overly enthusiastic about - and I get it. However, after 12 hours of serious energy output, I do not get how he doesn't just crash. I'm beside-myself-tired, and he's still asking for more stories and finding excuses to not fall asleep. I wouldn't mind being tucked in at 8:00 these days, and I'd take a story and a stuffed animal too.

pre-bath teeth brushing... jostling for sink-position
Here are some pics plus captions from the last few days... yay!
at the beach - a beauty of a first day!
library puppet show

Sunday brunch with friends - I LOVE them!
and I love the little ones too.... adorable!

Stella Bellini and Alana
Hendrik and Ellie - they're already in love :)


1 comment:

Maggie B said...

I love the tooth brushing pic!!
Have a great time!