Sunday, January 13, 2013

the good, the bad, and the hairy

my babes!
Yay! The guys won their first (of two) semi-final tonight (3-1), and Steve finally comes home tomorrow! I should have written that the other way around because I sure am more excited to have my husband back after two weeks away than I am to see BAIC go into this coming Thursday’s game with the upper hand. Anyways, I’m happy happy happy that he’ll soon be on his way. What I am really none too happy about these days is the air quality here, or complete and utter lack of it. I was thinking that readings in the upper 300s were bad (they are) BUT, it was “beyond index” in the 700s yesterday and last night – seriously. I’ve been up since 5:30 this morning (both Alana and Hendrik woke up in the night) trying to not cogitate myself into a total state about what this pollution could be doing to the little lungs that I care so much about. If I knew we were coming back here, if I knew that BAIC was in the finals, I’d purchase a purifier pronto. But hey, if they lose their next game, we could be on a plane in no time at all, and then how would I sell it? Purifiers don’t come cheap - but then again, we’re talking about our health, so does it really matter? Hm. Steve and I will talk about it tomorrow. (We haven’t been outside in three days except for when Hendrik and I walked the 10 metres from our front door to the Tony&Guy to get his hair lopped.)
Hendrik was so calm and cool, unlike most of the hairdressers - they were in LOVE with him! and check the stylist doing his hair - leather studded jacket, ooooh yeah. The cut cost $12... cheaper than the Bowmanville Barber Shop!


Other news: it was Steve’s birthday yesterday (35! happy birthday my love!), Alana is finding her voice, and potty progress is still happening. I’ve only washed one of Hendrik’s diapers in the last four or five days - ! Crazy. There were minimal spills yesterday and maximals today; we shall continue on in baby steps. (On that note, I am finally really learning first-hand what that term means, and I’m thinking of potty training and swimming.) I went out tonight to get a few groceries from a nearby tres limited shop and was thinking on my way back of how the trip had become an ordinary not-so-much-to-see occurrence. But with fresh eyes, this is not your (/my) everyday walk down the block to the store… it is so different! But every year the initial it’s crazy here! it’s so different! look here look there look at that! becomes the ordinary, and that’s where we are now. With time, the extraordinary becomes ordinary, no? Sometimes. Most of the time? I need to stop and go to bed!
Happy Birthday! His team surprised Steve with a cake... yummmmm
Steve and Freddie make the cover! Check out the mag HERE

And watch Steve's "Day in the Life" vid below... love it!

No comments: