Sunday, January 6, 2013

post it post it!


The VPN that I require to work in order to access my blog has been so so spotty these last couple of days, and I'm just barely squeaking some time in here and there - which amounts to no blogs and lots of backed up forgetting/forgotten stories (sad face). But while it's working (now!) I feel like I should just splurgy-spit it all out and get it down before the connection is gonzo. We've had a few good days around here - with an outing to Fundazzle, the most enormous giant indoor playgym ever (two kids, two taxi rides, no stroller - we made it!). If they made all of the play structures in there adult size (and if I didn't have Alana, duh) then I would so be in there jumping on trampolines and playing in the most massive ball pit ever and oh man, okay, next time I go I'll just take a whole bunch of pictures and devote a post to Fundazzzzzzzzle. I had plans of venturing out today, but the air was the pits so we didn't... ugh. This air quality business (or complete lack of it) is for sure hands down the worst part of living here. Anyways, that means we made playdoh-straw monsters, went to the pool, visited Shanti downstairs, cooked, played, looked at pictures and vids (of Vela and Trento: made me miss it even more) made forts, drew and drew and drew and more. It was fine, but I really miss being outside and breathing clean air and seeing natural things - trees, grass, water flowing... all this concrete and busy-ness and smog and pushy traffic etc is not-for-me. But I'll take it while we're here! It's not so bad, but let me just state the obvious and say that this city will never be anywhere close to the top of my list of place-I-might-want-to-live. Ever.


More comedy: Hendrik paused from play this afternoon for at least a minute, and when I asked him what he was doing or thinking about - what's up? - he paused and then said, "I'm growing." SO cute! Alana rolled over three times yesterday (back to front), and zero times today, and Hendrik was acting like he'd made it to the next grade in potty training, and this means that I'm going to buy him big boy underwear (though possibly the padded extra absorbent kind, if there is such a thing) - in a fun train or car or dinosaur motif, I hope - tomorrow at a huge mall that boasts an entire wing of kid's stores blah blah blah. Malls here are no joke... there are so many of them! It's a shoppers dream - if you are a six 4 (or 2?) and have a bustin' at the seams wallet. I had so many things to write about last night but now that this cxn is working, I'm at a loss for words. Soooo I'm going to try to get a few pics up before I get cut off again....... fingers crossed that I can make it through (the firewall) again soon!


top: a bug family | bottom: a jellyfish
floating, like Bob | canoe man

1 comment:

Maggie B said...

Alana sure is growing up fast!
Love Hendrik with the scarf on.