Friday, July 22, 2011

the latest

trying to beat the heat with a quick trip to the park

Ouuuuf it has been HOT out! I find it kind of unbelievable that a place can be so hot in the summer and so cold in the winter. It topped out yesterday at 39 degrees (45 with the humidex) and is thankfully a bit cooler (yeah, right) today with a high of 33. Besides a quick walk and two minute swing ride, we've been inside almost all week. Well, there was also a too-hot afternoon up at Dan's cot on the Gatineau river; I actually considered leaving because I felt like a flaming ball of fire - blech. Anyways, I suppose I shouldn't really complain - if it weren't for Hendrik I'd probably be spending more time outside, and really, all I have to do is remember the cold winter bite and I'll umm, yeah, I'll stop all this hot weather cogitation.

almost 8 months and on the move

SO! As per usual, there is lots to catch up on. The last bit of our vacation was superb, and we had a great time at Peter and Lisa's wedding in Oakville. We made it to the church just in time for the beautiful bride to walk down the aisle and wed her groom (yay!) and then, after a gathering at the Lewis household, headed for the dinner and re-ception. Hendrik was soooo well-behaved, and even fell asleep on Steve after the first dance, allowing all three of us to join guests and the bride and groom on the dance floor for Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World. And yes, it was as cute as can be. Steve managed to do a successful transfer to his car seat, and Hendrik slept in a corner while we both ripped it up on the dance floor for 20 minutes. And then the poor little dude woke up screeeeeaming; I'm sure the loud music and dark, unfamiliar surroundings didn't help him out at all - and that was my cue to scoop him up and head for the hotel.

yay! congrats to peter and lisa :)

my two guys

Some of these Bison champs were at the wedding, and came to ours too - spot anyone familiar?

We stopped a few times on our way back home on Sunday - in Bowmanville, and then up at the cottage for dinner and a jump or two in the river - and now, life is as it was before. Well, not really. Hendrik is crawling and cruising everywhere, and we're babyproofing on the go - so life is different for us all. He's adorable though - he'll crawl and sit and clap, then crawl and sit and clap (see vid above), and he laughs and is a happy little dude almost all the time. He's been up a bit at night which is not my most favourite thing, but we've lucked out on the sleep thing thus far, so I can't really complain. He's still a champ when it comes to eating, and besides quinoa, just about everything we've put in front of him gets gobbled. And that's pretty much it as far as Hendrik updates go - I know that's what everyone really wants to read about anyways (right?), so now on to his parentals. I'm staying super busy with both the mom thing and the volleyball program I'm running - sometimes I wonder how people with more on their plate do it - when do you get groceries? When do you cook? Anyways - Steve is back in the swing of things (paaaaha) in the gym and is feeling good, so woop, that's good news. The team has a few games next week here in Ottawa against Slovakia - they're competing for a chance for a spot in World League next summer... should be good! And I'm going to end this blog with two golden tidbits of information: Number UNO: over the last few days I've had some amazing chats with friends that are far far away, way out west, and it's been awesome. Number TWO: At Costco the other day a 15-pack of KRISPY KREME donuts jumped into my cart and followed me home and I had to throw them in the freezer and slam the door after eating not one not two but three donuts. Why? Why does Costco have to sell 15 packs of donuts? YUM. I shouldn't really complain about that either. :)

Emballage valeur is right - yummm!

1 comment:

grandma said...

great videos of a young man on the move!written commentary good too,,,keeps us up dated...