Sunday, February 27, 2011

from vancouver!

The pics are from the day before we left (I think) - such a cutie!

This is going to have to be short and sweet - we're still in Vancouver but the tock is clicking and time is winding down... We have had such a great time here so far, and Hendrik has been amazing. Sigh... what a guy. I was a bit nervous about the trip here, with the flying and plane pressure with take-off and landing - not so much for the people that would have to put up with a crying wailing screaming babe, but for the little one being uncomfortable - but (get this!) he slept on the way up and on the way down. Slept! The only time he fussed was after an awkward breastfeeding session that didn't completely satisfy - so we gave him a bottle and that was that, he was happy! Anyways, so the trip was fine. We'll see what happens on the way back - fingers crossed that we will have, once again, a row of three to ourselves. :)

First plane trip!


It has been amazing seeing my mom and dad with Hendrik, and I wish that we lived closer. For that and for my friends; we still don't have a solid group of friends in Gatineau, and I miss having girlfriends just a car ride away. But... I know that they're here and with skype and the phone and even Air Canada, they're never that far away - my family and my friends are always there for me... just not necessarily in the same city. Who knows, maybe we'll move back to Vancouver some day, when volleyball wraps up. Should we start buying lottery tickets? Hm, perhaps. Anyways, I'm sort of digressing - I wanted to write a quick blog about our visit so far and here I am lassoing my runaway thoughts back to my intentions. We've really been taking it easy here, spending lots of time with my mom and dad at home. I made it out to see Linds and Jayme and their kiddies Elsa and Hendrix on Thursday morning (amazing) and spent some time too with Lindsay before she left for Hawaii with Kurtis (jealous!)... The weather has been amazing here - cold but sunny with blue skies; Vancouver is beautiful. (Though I think my mom has it right when she says, When it's good it's really good, and when it's bad it's reallllly bad.) A few people came over for lunch yesterday to meet Hendrik and (maybe?) to see us, and it was great to catch up with friends and to show off our babe; he was more than happy to hang out with the people in attendance. He has been such a good boy - sleeping well and eating well and ? is generally unperturbed (weird word) by the time change. We have a few things planned yet, but topping the agenda of things-to-do is relax and spend time with family and friends. I'm already looking forward to the next visit - maybe in the summer? Life will be much different then, with warm weather and a mobile little dude; every day is bringing changes and development, and we're soaking it all in, or trying. We can't get enough of the little guy, and I have to bite my tongue when I want to say I can't wait until the summer, until the next visit, until the next time we're out here, because it means that he'll be bigger, that time will have passed. I want to make every second count, and not wish the next stage upon ourselves too quickly. And with that, I should go! The computer is always here, but our little babe won't always be so little... :)













No comments: