Thursday, June 10, 2010

ohhhh food!

With Marg...

... and Bob, in Bowmanville before we left last Sunday

There are some days that I think I may be starting to show with this pregnancy, and others where I realize that I am not. When I go to bed with a bump and wake up without a bump, the only possible conclusion is this: the bump is caused by la bouffe (ie EATING), and compounded by a lack of exercise. Hmmm, woops. I suppose it's better than being huge and having everyone ask how many multiples I'm having... right? That is something that is, in fact, happening to a friend. It - the bump - will come, and when it does I will longingly remember these bump-free times... right? We'll see. Some progress has been made on the doctor front - after asking friends and family for help in the doctor search, I finally decided to hit up the University of Ottawa health clinic and get a referral. And, finit. I have an appointment next week with an obstetrician, and another for my 18 week ultrasound at 19 weeks. So, we're getting somewhere. I have yet to find a GP, but the search continues - I'll ask next week at my appointment.

I finally uncovered the camera cords, so it's picture time. I've got to get back on the camera bandwagon, and document our time here - it's beautiful, and I'm so happy that we're close to lakes and nature, and that there are bike paths and running trails, and libraries and free swims and new places to explore. I'm still working at getting things crossed off the long to-do list, but have found time to make more bread, make cookies and test out the slow-cooker. Hmm... do these priorities explain the tummy protrusion? I think so.

Quiche (spinach, cheese, salmon), homemade bread, tomatoes.... yum...

No bump

The slow-cooker on the go... preparing tonight's supper

Chocolate Toffee Almond Cookies... eeeeeeep!

No comments: