Friday, December 12, 2008

el traffico

The days are flying by and soon we'll be back in winter wonderland! Er, that would be Toronto - more specifically Bowmanville - and that is if there's snow there. In any case it will be more wintery than it is here. It's a bit chilly but the temp has been hovering around 10 degrees with lots of large gusty winds blowing here there and everywhere - I thought the Tomis car was on it's way to being fully airborne this afternoon... which I suppose shouldn't be much of a surprise - it's not much bigger than a Tonka truck. Anyways, Tomis won their game against the Dutch team on Wednesday and took off today for a weekend game in Bucharest. From there they make their way to Amsterdam and then drive somewhere for round two - they only have to win the game, which shouldn't be too difficult; team Doc-Stap (sounds like someone trying to say jock strap with their mouth full) wasn't too strong.

So... I haven't said too much about the crazy traffic in these here parts, or the crazy Romaniacs and their (lack of) respect for road rules BUT we took this video the other day driving through an intersection in our neighborhood - two lanes in each direction and no traffic lights.



Speaking of things traffic, all Romanian stop lights are equipped with countdown timers, telling you, the driver, how long you have to wait for the light to turn green, and what your chances of running the yellow (or red) are. It's kind of neat, but I always think about the time that I'm wasting just sitting there at red lights. Hmm... there must be a statistic for how many hours a person, in his or her lifetime, sits at a red light. I have absolutely no desire to look it up - so there you go. It's time to get off the computer - Oscar and Lucinda are calling (Peter Carey) - and read my book!

Okay, this seriously cracks me up - a security company called Save Self Security - every time I see them I yell out, "Save yourself!!!"

After the game the other night some girls went out for dinner - me and Agustina (the setter's girlfriend, from Argentina)

The light timer...

No comments: