Thursday, December 26, 2019

catching up - December

I'm way too ambitious when it comes to thinking about writing more often - I'm already thinking about what I'll write next time, so maybe... maybe I should just post it all at once. Sometimes I might be semi-organized with what I want to write about but the photos are all over the place, so it's too challenging to get something posted. Blah! Anyways, since it's been about a month since Hendrik's birthday (and since Jordan is sleeping post-nature walk while the others play nicely) I thought I'd seize the moment and stop looking at flights and get something started. Here are some photos from a super fun 9th birthday party that involved a visit to SkyZone (no photos of the trampoline park), a guys only trip to A&W (I took Alana and Jordan to Five Guys), and a movie marathon and sleepover at our place:
cake at our place - a full house!

camera shy party-goers

dinner at A&W


December has been busy, but guess what? It's almost over! Unbelievable. I did a three-week practicum at a French Immersion School in a grade two classroom and loved it - and I think the kids and teacher loved having me there. I promised I'd go back and visit so I'll drop in and say hi sometime in early January when classes are on again for me. I'll be back to the classroom for six weeks and then out on practicum for the rest of the term, and then I'm finished! I'll take part in some interviews in January and keep my fingers crossed that I can figure out what my ideal teaching job is (core or immersion?) at some point before I get into the swing of things and can't get out! The kids finished school and activities are all wrapped up - with news ones booked for the winter session. Hendrik started ball hockey and will do swimming and basketball (with coach mom), Alana is doing swimming, gymnastics, and karate (her request - we'll see how that goes), and Jordan is doing swimming and gymnastics. Steve and I are both coaching, so it will be busy busy busy. I'm trying to plan ahead to spring break and summer, and need to take some time to think and look at some ideas. We're planning to go to BC this summer so I'm looking at flights and options there too. Lots to do! I'll write about Christmas soon - I need photos (and have NONE)... here are a few other pics from the last few weeks. Hopefully everyone had a great Christmas!

annual tree decorating (with Liz!)

morning snuggles

Anna and Elsa doing crafts of some sort

rotary phone training headquarters :)

mid-December nature walk (after skating plans went bust)

reading Harry Potter

the gingerbread house!

No comments: