Monday, March 12, 2018

Mid-March already!

Grandma and Gramps (the Eastern ones) came down for a visit last weekend and with some beautiful weather, we made it out to Weldon Park up in Arva, and it was lovely! It's back to the winter chills now though, and even though most of the snow is gone the below zero temperatures make outside time still winter outside time. It's March break here, and we don't have much planned; Steve will be at Nationals in Hamilton next weekend, and we're trying to figure out if we'll join him for a day or two, but otherwise we'll stay close to home and swim, skate, and play. It would be nice to get some jobs done and the house cleaned and decluttered (even though doing this is an exercise in futility). I am definitely putting workout time on the top of the priority list as I have two weeks to get in halfway decent shape so I can make it to my sister's wedding (which involves three to four hours of cross country skiing). Eep! More on that later. I need to upload some pics before the bigs get back from skating with Dad and Jordan wakes up.

snapped by Alana
in bed reading one of his current favourites, The Gruffalo ")



the warm sun! love it...

winter walk 



bun in the mouth - this made me think of a certain Thanksgiving tradition...

guess who? hiding behind not one not two but three super fun books
I still have time! The McMaster men's VB team won the OUA title this past weekend while Western (women) won the bronze in a 5 set thriller that I missed. Games were in Toronto, and with Steve in Hamilton and three kiddies in tow I thought it best to stay home (sad face). But they battled and beat Toronto in five sets after losing the first two, and in doing so finished the season off on a high note. There's probably more to write about - ooh, like the books I've been reading: The Revolution of Marina M. (loved it), The Underground Railroad (liked it - heavy duty), and next up is, well next up I have my choice since a whole pile of holds came in at once (an Irene Nemirovsky book, a Paulette Jiles book, The History of Canada in 10 Maps, and The History of Rain - oh and Amulet #5 en francais). So more to write about? Next time...

fun at Mastermind Toys
more fun

sibs :)



No comments: