Tuesday, August 8, 2017

long weekend fun!

When everyone sleeps through the night, the 6:00 wake-up call (from Jordan) doesn't seem so bad - and I feel SO much better than the usual multiple wake-ups and back-to-sleep struggles that all three kids take part in. After some debate, we spent the long weekend at home and took turns camping out in the backyard with the big kids. We also went car shopping (no luck), hit up some  fabulous parks in Strathroy, went to CTC Obstacles (London's newest obstacle gym - everyone loved it), went to Heeman's for strawberries, and enjoyed some down time at home with dad around. I also did a bike-swim-short run in preparation for the short triathlon I'm doing this weekend, and it's the only time I will get that sort of multiple workout in before Sunday's race. Hendrik is doing tennis lessons every afternoon this week, so as long as Jordan is up early and napping twice, we can all hit the park and/or pool afterwards (yay). Alana had a friend over this morning and I thought all of the kids would be interested in making bread (I was hoping they would be - we needed it for lunch), but the girls chose playtime - so Hendrik and I made bread in a bag.  It's a great activity for kids, and the end product is delicious... Try it! I also meant to share this chewy granola bar recipe - it also delivers a delicious end product and is super quick and easy. I'll leave you with a few pics and be on my way... I have yet to decide if I'm going to take a short nap on the couch while the kids watch a(nother) show or if I'll down a coffee. Happy summer!

playing the amazing labyrinth

my grocery list was hijacked....

I LOVE summer dinners!

playing at a school in strathroy

strathroy park play

a perk of visiting car dealerships with kids? mammoth balloons

sandy fun at storybook gardens

No comments: