Tuesday, February 28, 2017

sugar shack, hoops + why i coach


Have I blogged since we went out to the sugar shack? I don't remember - but here are some photos. It was a beautiful sunny day (last weekend?) and we managed to get our fill of pancakes, syrup, sausages and the tire swing - we went to the same pancake house last March and the kids were on the swing for a good chunk of time then too... good times!


hendrik as horse!
jordan's new favourite thing = whole apples; hendrik loved these too when he was around this age... we just have to be sure he doesn't bite off more than he can chew!
some sleep in tutus
I had a pair of basketball games this weekend in Kitchener and thank GOODness I worked out last week (multiple times) - I can't believe I used to run like that every single day. On Saturday we played a select club team and on Sunday we faced Conestoga College, winning both contests. Jordan was with me (/us) on Saturday and was SO well behaved; he hung out on the bench and had his Cheerios and toys and lots of people to keep him entertained - he even made it into our team pic:



I made this vegetarian Thai Red Curry recipe the other day and it was SO so so so good... the kids didn't eat it but it meant there was more for us so haha! no big deal. Well, annoying a little as we had to throw something together for them but it was probably tortillas and cheese - a culinary molehill! Basketball season at the school is finito - we wrapped up with a tournament on Saturday morning and came away with 4 wins and 1 loss. The girls did such a great job and improved so much and I had a great time coaching everyone; it was a first for me (coaching basketball), but hopefully not a last. Just finding time to get to it all is the challenge, and I won't ever keep myself out of the gym if I have the time (and childcare). As I was leaving school this afternoon one of the girls gave me a card and I won't lie here - I got a little teary reading it; (from mom): "I have seen such a change in (her) since she started playing basketball - her confidence, teamwork and basketball skills make me proud. Thank you also for encouraging (her), teaching her new skills and for inspiring her to always give it her all. You are a truly wonderful role model." This is why I coach. Love it!

No comments: