Friday, August 12, 2016

closing in on three months...

We're back in Ontario and it is hot. HOT! And humid. Walking out the front door yesterday I felt as if I were walking into a bowl of soup, ugggh yuck. But we have to remember that winter is cold and awful and summer is warm and amazing and just carry on and be thankful that we have an air conditioned home where we can beat the heat. I so enjoyed devoting all of my attention to Jordan last week, and while it is great to be home I feel somewhat guilty that I can't give Jordan more - but in all honesty I think the siblings might make up for it. I thought I'd look back and see what was going on with the other kids when they were closing in on three months. 
guess who? Jordan, Hendrik, Alana all around 3 months
It was at the same age that we took Hendrik on his first trip out west - and I wrote about how concerned I was about flying and included pictures of him with his boarding pass; with Jordan (sorry bub), I was buying food for myself and picking up the newspaper on my way down the ramp - no pictures! He'd been in the Jolly Jumper, and we have yet to give Jordan the chance to jump away; we'll either have to buy a frame or jump somewhere else as the trim around all of our doors is too big for the top brace. Sleep, it seems, was a bit better with Hendrik when he was 3 months old - apparently he slept through the night sometimes and other times was up just once. Jordan, on the other hand, is up twice most nights and while he will sometimes go right back to sleep he's often awake and fussy for longer than I'd like him to be. (See here for Hendrik 3 month posts.) Apparently Alana was also sleeping through the night when she was 3 months old - Jordan, you have FIVE DAYS to get your act together... just kidding! (Or not.. whatever.) We were in Beijing - maybe it was the intoxicating air pollution? Or the cute diapers? Jordan is as big as she was when she was 3 1/2 months (weight, approx. 17 pounds), though she may have been a bit longer. See here for her three month posts. (Looking back makes me want to look back more... and take videos! We have minimal vids of the kids these days and there are so many golden moments, every day.) 


Jordan has been chatting a bit more (baby noises) and has a strong pair of legs on him - when you sit him down on your lap he does a little ab crunch and you can tell he wants to be pulled up to sitting and then standing. He loves eating and blowing bubbles and has been a great little traveller, both in the air and on the road. The heat doesn't seem to bother him too much, though feeding him when it's 36 degrees with 100% humidity is not enjoyable for me, no doubtaboutit. He's had his worst day of sleep today with teeny 20-minute cat naps instead of hour long snoozes so I have my fingers crossed that he'll sleep tonight please please please please please! He's really focusing on people and objects and has started grabbing things, though I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. I will be intentional about going to bed right now because this kid may have me up here shortly. G'night!

No comments: