Thursday, August 21, 2014

the big move - it's happening!

our new home in London, Ont - !!
This past week has been a whirlwind - of emotions, activity, happenings, questions, planning, lists. I'm not sure I can even coherently or legibly write about it all - where to start? There was volleyball camp and time alone here after work (kids + Steve went to the cot-tage on Wednesday) - which equals full days in the gym and full days at home trying to get to things that I never get to with kids and parenting duties hanging all around all over the place - and then a few days with family at the cottage (AWESOME) before our trip to London. Steve and I left the kids in Bowmanville with Grandma and Gramps, and drove away mid-morning with two days and one goal: find a place to live. I was optimistic going in... and still optimistic after a full day of calling and driving around; but after looking at numerous places and passing on several leads - I started to lose the glass-half-full feeling. (Or, rather, the feeling was starting to feel strained.) Anyways, it turns out that luck was on our side, and we found an amazing place in a great neighborhood - and I truly believe that it's going to be just right for us. Home! We have one. The Uhaul is booked for Monday and we have a busy weekend ahead. Here's to hoping there's time for a family trip to Walking With Dinosaurs!

No comments: