Tuesday, August 21, 2012

a few tings

I left some seriously important things out of my last blog, and so here they are, numbered:

1. Hendrik has been asking to go to the potty! (If you're not a parent or are not at all interested in hearing any more, please move on. To #3.) It's been about a week or so that he's been saying "potty" and we mad-dash-rush him to sit on his little green pot; for the time being he's more inclined to have us take him there to poop than to pee. Numero unos have happened in their rightful place, but with much less frequency that numero twos. Also an interesting addition is that he is very gaggy with it all (#2s) and we aren't sure why. Did he (gross) get some in his mouth at one point? Possibly. We've never gagged so I really can't quite say where that came from. Anyways! We are super happy for him and proud and hope things continue on in this direction. Done.

2. I bought cloth diapers! After dropping $70 buying two different sizes at Walmart a few weeks ago, I declared (to myself, on the way to the car) that it was the last time I was going to go buy diapers... and then what did I do? Twenty minutes later I bought another box at the grocery store down the street (they were 50% off). I laughed at myself, went back to Walmart (where I returned the dipes) and then made the same oath - not fully completely totally seriously mind you, but the thought of dropping (/throwing away) that much cash on a regular basis makes me a little ill. Plus the garbage plus the chemical smell that wafts our of a new bag of folded disposables... it was all getting to me. SO, I cruised and perused kijiji and purchased cloth for baby girl - 9 small Fuzzibunz plus a few one size Bumgenius, a few one size Fuzzibunz and a few other brands I can't recall at this exact moment. With posts like this one on Young House Love, and some feedback from friends that have taken the cloth-diapering road, I'm hoping (and thinking and hoping) that it will work out. I even put Hendrik in the one size diapers today and apart from a little fuss with the first one, he didn't seem to mind at all. I'll try again tomorrow and if it looks like he'll buy in, I might look for a few more that he can fit into, until the potty thing really takes off. Diaper talk and potty talk - the true life of a momsy with small kid(s).

3. Okay, finally, something non-diaper-poop-pee-potty related: we ...  have ... an ipad! I can't believe it's me taken this long to get this info-mation up and out but there you have it... we're back up to speed (maybe?) with the latest and greatest. It was a huge combo gift from Steve's parents: my birthday, his birthday, and both of our Christmas presents - wowsa. I haven't spent much time on said device as of yet, but I know I'll love it when the time comes. I'm hoping to get a few magazine subscriptions (can I buy time to read magazine subscriptions?) and mmmmm find some good apps (any recos?) for me and for the kidlets. Or kidlet.

And that is all. Of course, like always, I could write more. Oh wait, I will. I finally finally ordered a whack of books that I've had in various online shopping carts (amazon, abebooks) for mmm weeks (and weeks); I am becoming obsessed with H.A. Rey (but I haven't bought a single Curious George book... yet). Here is what I've (we've) got coming:

No comments: