Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Monday again already?!


I thought that spring had sprung! and there was snow coming down in droves today - walls of it, droves of it, lots lots lots. I suppose I don't really mind, as much of what had accumulated over the past few months melted, and everything looks so pretty covered in a fresh, white and unmuddied blanket. That being said, I'm super excited for spring and summer and warmer weather. I'm also kind of excited to do a massive clean; this includes a clean-out/throw-out/recycle of all of the stuff that has piled up in bathroom drawers and clothes that have gone unworn in my winter closet. I haven't gone shopping for mucho tiempo, and now, with no belly no more! I can get some new clothes for spring... yay. They are much needed - all I wear are lulus and sweatshirts - the same thing every day. Do nursing moms buy nursing tops? I'm wondering about that; do I invest in a few tops or just keep on with the three top rotation that I already have going... Mrrrr.... I'm just as reluctant to buy nursing Ts as I was buying maternity clothes.





Grandma and grandpa Brinkman came for a visit this past weekend and Hendrik was as well-behaved as ever, sleeping soundly from 10ish to 8ish - hurrrray! I think that this kind of heavy duty sleep business is an exception to the norm, and I still feel soooo lucky that he has - so far - figured out that night is for sleeping; may it continue forever. He has definitely left the newborn stage and entered - what's next? The infant stage? Big(ger) baby stage? Anyways, he's way more alert, smiling, laughing, almost sitting up, and he still loves being upright and on his feet. I'm on the search for an exersaucer; the chair no longer really cuts it, unless, like I said, he's upright. G-ma B dug out a bunch of super cute outfits - overalls and sweaters and long-sleeved t-shirts - and, as a growing babe, he finally looks like he can wear big people clothes. As a newborn, sleepers were - my opinion only here - the only way to go; clothes were impractical and just kind of looked funny to me. Cute I guess, but a hassle. I'm sure we'll still let him wear his sleeper-jammies all day every now and then (or, er, a couple times a week), especially because it is still snowy and wintery out AND because he can't wear sleepers forever, and they're SO cute too. Pics...





And with two professional babysitters :) available chez nous, Steve and I got out not once but TWICE, and in the same same day too. We joined Zella and Duncan and Elspeth at Social for Z's birthday lunch on Saturday (woops, no pictures); the food was good and the company was great. Both Steve and I had club sandwiches and I shared a half-litre of Prosecco with Zella - delish. (Aside: how good are club sandwiches? We should eat them all the time. Yumyum.) And then on Saturday night we went to a screening of the Oscar-nominated animated shorts at the Bytowne Cinema, an older movie theatre with a balcony and a curtain over the screen and no previews... and it was good. Not great, but good. There were the five animated short features (The Lost Thing, Let's Pollute, Day and Night, The Gruffalo and Madagascar, carnet de voyage) plus two bonus shorts, Urs and The Cow that wanted to be a Hamburger - eeeyikes. I have to say my fave was hmmm, The Gruffalo, but I also like The Lost Thing and Day and Night. Most - besides The Gruffalo and Day and Night - had some heavy-ish themes, but the art was great and so was the popcorn. Yumyum. I love animated movies... it's my favourite genre for sure. (Least favourite genre = romantic comedies; predictable, cheesy, always the same story, too Hollywood-y, machine-produced. Though I did like Love Actually. Anyways...) And with that, I think I'll join my favourite guy on the couch... see ya!

No comments: