Monday, March 1, 2010

golden moment!

We got up just before 5:00 yesterday morning (see pic above) to watch THE GAME... and it was amazing! YAY WE WON! After the US scored late in the third Steve looked at me and said I THINK I'M GOING TO PUKE and then overtime nerves kicked in and even though the outlook was not great, Crosby scored to win the gold as if it were all set up and planned to perfection.

GOLD! Sporting the jersey with pride, at home and around town - on the platform in Nakameguro en route to practice, and again at Shibuya crossing during rush hour...




We went out for a few celebratory beers last night, and in the streets Steve got several "Wwooo-hoos!" and "Yeeeeeaah!" screams and shouts - awesome. I went for a run RIGHT after the game, meeting the regular group of Canadian and American ladies up in Roppongi - I wore my Canadian Olympic gloves and a red Team Canada shirt (and a huge smile), and as we ran by the Canadian embassy on our regular loop, I flailed my arms and jumped and hooted... but no one noticed except the reticent and impartial Japanese on their way to work. On Sunday night when Steve got home from his road trip (which included a win by the way - yeah!) he downed the last two beers in our fridge, one of which was a "Golden Moment", and so we HAD to have a few more of those after the BIG win... yaaaay! ANYWAYS, what an awesome way to end an incredible Olympic games! Congrats to ALL of our Olympic athletes!


No comments: